Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) Program
Easter Seals Central Alabama offers a five week Nurse Aide Training Program designed to provide a quality education for entry into the health care field. The curriculum consists of classroom and practical instruction in the areas of health, nutrition, safety, personal care, developmental and emotional needs. Upon completion of the course, students are eligible to take the CNA Exam. Job placement assistance is also available to each student completing the class.
Some facts about the class: - 93% of graduates obtain employment in the health care field - As a result of clinical experience, many participants were offered jobs prior to completing the class - Flexible working hours are often available - Financial assistance may be available.
Practical skills training is provided in an equipped laboratory setting and performed at a long term care facility. These are some examples of the skills taught:
- Taking vital signs
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Controlling infection
- Providing basic care
- Following safety and emergency procedures
- Providing good nutrition
2015 Class Dates To Be Announced Soon- Classes run for five weeks (four weeks in class, one week on site at a facility)
Tuition is $1400 and includes:
- Five week intensive training
- Instruction by a qualified R.N.
- 2 uniforms, 1 lab coat, 1 pair of shoes
- Fee for CNA exam
- Background check, TB test, drug screen
If eligible, financial assistance may be available, please call for more information.
Why should employers sponsor CNA training at ESCA?
- Fills critical need for well-trained CNAs
- Improves retention
- Reduces the cost of recruitment and orientation costs
- Curriculum prepares students for real-life situations
- Well-trained CNAs reduce liability risk
- 95% passage rate on the CNA exam
For additional information contact:
Ed Collier, Program Manager
2125 E. South Boulevard
Montgomery, Alabama 36116
"We hire Easter Seals nursing graduates because they are customer focused and have excellent nursing
skills" - Hillview Terrace Nursing Home
"The CNAs educated by your facility and staff are definitely marked and groomed for success" - Father Walter Memorial Child Care Center